In this video I chat with Ilana Griffo, author of Mind Your Business, about 5 SUPER easy steps you can take to start or grow your business T.O.D.A.Y.! And if you think you were done with homework when you graduated, well…think again!
Check out the video and then scroll down for my key takeaways and a list of all the resources we mentioned throughout the video!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- The importance of knowing your “what”
- Why you need to speak specifically to your ideal client
- What you should include in your “elevator pitch”
- How to use social media to reach out to potential clients SLOWLY
- Why you should be consistent with the topics you post about (and then why you should be repetitive)
- AND SO MUCH MORE!
KEY TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS LESSON:
- Stop waiting to be discovered! Reach out and tell people (and potential clients) about you and your business and how you can help them with your services.
- Build (and invest) in business relationships slooowly. Start showing up through social medial and show interest that is NOT business related.
- Create a portfolio with a focus on that you WANT to create. It’s better to have 5 strong projects than it is to have 20 weak ones. (But don’t forget to share them on your WEBSITE!)
- BE CONSISTENT! Highlight 3 to 5 things that you want to post and talk about on social media, and then talk about them regularly!
- Connect with people in your field! Whether that be virtually OR in person, making friendships with people who do what you do can bring future collaborations, referrals and FRIENDSHIPS!
RESOURCES WE MENTIONED:
The links below may be affiliate links where appropriate. This means that your purchase through these links may result in a few cents in payment to me, to support creating further resources like this one! That being said, I will never suggest supplies that I do not personally use and fully recommend.
- Snag a copy of Ilana’s book, Mind Your Business!
- Grab Ilana’s FREE worksheets here.
- Listen to my interview with Lana Dingwall’s here
- Figure out what website hosting platform is right for you here.
Like this episode?! I’d be SO GRATEFUL if you’d leave a comment on the video!
Thank you so much for this video, ladies. I took away many important points and had a few ‘aha’ moments. I have been struggling with being shy to approach local businesses about my lettering skills and what I can offer. I took a good look at my Instagram (@thechampagnepaperie), even though it’s a fairly new account, and realized that YOU WERE RIGHT. I do not have good repetition of the things I actually WANT to be hired for. *face palm* I’m looking forward to getting organized and confident about moving forward.
And I’m not going to lie, I really want that book! lol
That aside, I’m grateful for all the excellent videos on this site. Thank you for working hard and making a neat community of creatives who care.
Sooooo glad you enjoyed it, Denise!!!! Posting what you WANT to do is soooo important! Really happy you had that awesome takeaway! 🙂