Dude. You HAVE to hear the story Cami shares at the end of this one. It’s maaaaaybe my favourite (and the most ridiculous) story anyone has ever told on this show.
In this video Cami and Elizabeth of Biz Birthday Bash share their 6 tips on starting your own stationery business.
Check out the video and then scroll down for the key takeaways and a list of all the resources we mentioned!
By the way, make sure you check out The Stationer’s Summit HERE!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- Why you need to “fake it til you make it” but NOT the way you think…
- Why you don’t need clients to create your first wedding suites
- Why it’s important to create work that YOU want to make
- Why using a CRM (customer relationship management) program can help you feel more confident and appear more professional
- The benefits of using personalized client portals
- Why you need to actually SEE AND FEEL samples (such as paper, ribbon and stamps) before you order from suppliers
- And sooo much more!
KEY TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS LESSON:
- You HAVE to have a contract! Protecting yourself AND your business is a must and will save you from so much stress if anything goes wrong
- Treat your business as a business and NOT like a hobby
- OUTSOURCE YOUR PRINTING!
- Only post the kind of jobs you WANT to get. Show off the services you want to attract.
RESOURCES WE MENTIONED:
- Find @bizbirthdaybash on Instagram
- Follow Cami @caminonet on Instagram
- Follow Elizabeth @elisaannecalligraphy on Instagram
- Follow the Stationners Summit @stationerssummit on Instagram
- Listen to Biz Bash Podcast
- Find more information about The Stationers Summit
- Snag 20% off your Dubsado subscription with the code “bizbirthdaybash”
- You can find all of the other resources offered by Biz Birthday Bash on their website.
Like this episode?! I’d be SO GRATEFUL if you’d leave a comment on the video!