Today on the blog I am showing you how to make custom holiday envelopes to send to family and friends this season. Make sure to read to the end to find out how to get your hands on my addressing templates to make this process super simple!
Want to see the process in action? Check out the YouTube tutorial I put together for you here!
Supplies we will be using:
Kraft Paper Envelope | Posca Paint Pen 0.7mm (Bullet Shape) | Uniball Signo Gel Pen | Tombow Fudenosuke Brush Pen | Tombow Dual Brush Pen in Lightblue | Micron Pen 0.1mm | Palomino Blackwing Pencil | Addressing Template
Let’s jump right in!
1. Print out your addressing template on thicker card stock, cut out the openings and place it right overtop of your envelope – ensuring it’s centered (or aligned however you want!)
2. Start with your pencil and write the address first – we will add in the name after
3. Use the Micron Pen to go over the letters
4. Draw in the bottom line from the first box to use as a guideline for the name
5. Write the name in calligraphy in pencil first
6. Take the Tombow brush pen and write on top of the pencil guidelines
7. Now the fun part, to stylize the envelope!
8. Grab the blue Tombow Dual Brush pen and draw some different sized circles in random places (uneven numbers typically work better)
8. I like to write “Please Deliver To” on my holiday envelopes as a fun touch and then draw lines along the outer edge of the envelope
9. Using the white Posca Paint Pen, draw snowflakes overtop of the blue dots and add some highlights to the calligraphy to make it pop
10. Finishing touch is to erase the pencil lines and you are all set!