In this interview, I’m welcoming back Karin Newport of iPad Lettering, and she’s going to walk us through how to do watercolour on your iPad.
Prefer to watch? Click below and learn everything you need to get started with iPad painting!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to set up your floral painting
- Which tools help you create a beautiful watercolour effect
- How to colour in your flowers and greenery using stamps
- How to draw florals and greenery using brushes in ProCreate 5
- AND SO MUCH MORE!
Key takeaways from this lesson:
- When setting up in the ProCreate app, always place your textures’ layer above the others.
- Make sure to lock the layer you’re working on, in order to avoid painting outside of your already painted pixels.
- You can duplicate your working layer to intensify the colour.
- Use the smudging tool to create a nice blend.
- Setting the blend mode to overlay won’t affect the other pixels.
Tools used in this video:
- Apple Pencil
- ProCreate 5 app
- Download the brushes and textures you need for this tutorial here!