In this interview, Peggy Dean returns to the show to walk us through a lesson on how to do urban sketching.
Prefer to watch? Click below and learn why this style of sketching is my nemesis!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Where to start when planning your sketch
- How to break down your scene into smaller, manageable shapes
- Why (and how!) to embrace imperfection
- How to incorporate some finer details
Key takeaways from this lesson:
- Urban sketching is a unique type of illustration style.
- You don’t have to be technically correct; embrace imperfections!
- Look for strong lines and shapes, specifically the “vanishing point” which is where all of your perspective lines meet up.
- Shadows create depth.
- If you make mistake, don’t sweat it and just go over your lines.
Tools used in this video:
- A picture to base your drawing off of
- Pigeon Letters Archival Pens
- A notebook or piece of paper to sketch on
Resources we mentioned:
- Liked the lesson? Find Peggy on Instagram!
- Visit Peggy’s website
- Watch my first interview with Peggy here
Like this episode?! I’d be SO GRATEFUL if you’d leave a comment on the video!