Vidhi, of The Ink Bucket, is going to show us how to paint florals with gouache.
Prefer to watch? Click below! – Want to win Vidhi’s new book, Painting Florals with Gouache? Watch the video to find out how to enter =).
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The difference between gouache and watercolour
- How to get started with gouache painting
- What not to do with gouache
- How to add depth and dimension to your painting
- AND SO MUCH MORE!
Key takeaways from this lesson:
- Make sure your paint isn’t too watery
- By mixing in white, you can achieve light, medium and dark tones of gouache to give your work more dimension
- Make sure your brush is saturated enough so it has movement and isn’t stiff with your strokes
- Gouache allows you to be precise because the colour won’t bleed
- If you add enough water, you can actually turn gouache into a watercolour-like consistency
Tools used in this video:
- Winsor and Newton Gouache Paints
- Watercolour brushes of varying sizes
- Watercolour paper
Resources we mentioned:
Like what you see? Don’t forget to comment on the video and let me know!