Vidhi, of The Ink Bucket, is going to show us how to paint florals with gouache.
Prefer to watch? Click below! – Want to win Vidhi’s new book, Painting Florals with Gouache? Watch the video to find out how to enter =).
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The difference between gouache and watercolour
- How to get started with gouache painting
- What not to do with gouache
- How to add depth and dimension to your painting
- AND SO MUCH MORE!
Key takeaways from this lesson:
- Make sure your paint isn’t too watery
- By mixing in white, you can achieve light, medium and dark tones of gouache to give your work more dimension
- Make sure your brush is saturated enough so it has movement and isn’t stiff with your strokes
- Gouache allows you to be precise because the colour won’t bleed
- If you add enough water, you can actually turn gouache into a watercolour-like consistency
Tools used in this video:
- Winsor and Newton Gouache Paints
- Watercolour brushes of varying sizes
- Watercolour paper
Resources we mentioned:
- Find Vidhi on Instagram
- Visit Vidhi’s website
- Order Vidhi’s new book
Like what you see? Don’t forget to comment on the video and let me know!
Your article was really amazing which helped me to connect the ideas.
Thank you for sharing it will definitely try in my new Sketchbook.