In this interview Samantha Dion Baker shows us her step-by-step process for how she creates her Draw Your Day watercolours!
Check out the video, and then scroll down for my key takeaways and a list of all the resources we mentioned!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to keep your journal authentically you!!
- How to compose your journal layout
- Where to find inspiration
KEY TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS LESSON:
- You don’t need a planLet your designs happen organically.
- BREAK THE RULES! It’s your journal…do what YOU want to do! Just make sure you have one main focus (a focal point)
- There is no “right way” to do this – allow yourself to start where you are. In good time you’ll look back and see how much your journals have evolved!
TOOLS USED IN THIS VIDEO:
- Fineliner pens (Micron or Copic Multiliner are great!)
- 2 Watercolour brushes
RESOURCES WE MENTIONED:
- Follow Samantha on Instagram @sdionbakerdesign and visit her website here!
- Snag a copy of Samatha’s book, “Draw Your Day“.
- Check out Samantha’s course on Skillshare
Like this episode?! I’d be SO GRATEFUL if you’d leave a comment on the video!