In this interview I chat with Maghon Taylor of All She Wrote Notes about creating vinyl stickers!
And if you’ve heard that you need all the fancy tools, applications and computer programs to get started with vinyl stickers, Maghon totally busts that myth!
Check out the video to see why and for the step-by-step!
After that, scroll down for some of the key takeaways and a list of the tools and resources mentioned.
KEY TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS LESSON:
- Start small! You don’t need the big fancy equipment to start!
- Write thicker than you normally would
- When creating a custom “last name” sticker, write out the last name and then add the “the”. It’s easier to create your layout this way
- When editing your photo, the goal is to get the blackest black and brightest white possible
- Imperfections show that the sticker was HAND lettered!
- Trust your artistic judgment!
TOOLS USED IN THIS VIDEO:
- Silhouette Portrait
- Sharpie Flip Chart Markers
- Regular Computer (Printing) Paper
- Smart Phone
- Oracal Vinyl
- Craftopia Transfer Tape
- Stainless Steel Tumbler
RESOURCES WE MENTIONED:
Like this episode?! I’d be SO GRATEFUL if you’d leave a comment on the video!