In this interview, I chat with Sylvia Wong about Luxury lettering and how you can break into live-event calligraphy, even as a side hustle!
Check out the video and then scroll down for my favourite takeaways and a list of all the resources we mentioned!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- What “luxury calligraphy” even means!
- How to know when you’re ready to do LIVE event calligraphy!
- How to attract high end clients.
- What kind of questions to ask the client in preparation for an event.
- The key thing to remember when preparing supplies for a live event.
- So. Much. More!!!
KEY TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS LESSON:
- Don’t be afraid to price your worth! Luxury brands want to know that you’re luxurious. Be confident – you are the expert!
- Ask for testers! To be properly prepared, you need to know what tools will work best with the surface.
- Have a proper portfolio that shows your diversity! Brands want to see what you can do.
- Follow Sylvia on her Instagram account, @viacalligraphy!
- Check out Sylvia’s website.
- Get the Luxury Lettering Checklist, FREE!
- Sign up for Sylvia and Jodi’s (@somedayartco) online course, Luxury Lettering 101!
- Watch Sylvia’s video, all about SEO, here and check out the blog post about it!
Like this episode?! I’d be SO GRATEFUL if you’d leave a comment on the video!