In this interview, I chat with photographer, podcaster and business coach Laura Kelly all about pushing past whatever fears are stopping you from starting your business!
Check out the video, and then scroll down for my key takeaways!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- What a “brain-dump” is and why you need to do it
- Why you need to practice, practice, practice…and then practice some more
- Why you don’t need to be an “expert” to start
- Why it’s totally ok to work for free (and why you actually SHOULD do it, too!)
- Why you should share your process, even in the very beginning stages
- What kind of “results” you should actually pay attention to (and which you should ignore!)
- And so much more!
KEY TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS LESSON:
- Just because you don’t think that you’re the best at [enter thing], doesn’t mean that you’re not the VERY BEST at [enter thing, again] in someone else’s opinion.
- Working on your portfolio (for free) is a great way to figure out what you really love! If you try it all out (again, for free) then you can pinpoint what your strengths and goals are, and then immerse yourself in that specific area and charge appropriately!
- The right time to start DOES NOT EXIST! You can always be more prepared, more ready, more [whatever]…so just start NOW!
RESOURCES WE MENTIONED:
- Follow Laura on Instagram @laurakelly.co
- Check out her website for more info on coaching
- Follow You Might Not Like It on Instagram @youmightnotlikeit
- Listen to You Might Not Like It here (or wherever you listen to podcasts!)
- Check out Laura’s episode “Start Before You’re Ready”
- Interested in styled shoots? Check out this interview with Cait O’Malley where we talk all about them!
Like this episode?! I’d be SO GRATEFUL if you’d leave a comment on the video!