Terence Tang, aka Tinlun Studio, is here to show us how to paint designs on shoes. His shoes have been worn on NBA and WNBA courts across America, and he’s got his sights set on the Olympics next! I love these shoes and I’m super excited to chat with him.
Prefer to watch? Click below and see for yourself just. how. cool. he. is. Did I mention he’s cool?
Key takeaways from this lesson:
- Clean your work area with acetone before you start
- Paint directly on the shoe’s surface, using some heat to help it dry faster
- You’ll want to paint 2-3 coats of paint to really make it stand out
- Add your lettering details with a paint marker only after the initial paint has dried
- If you ever want to start over, grab that acetone and swipe it off very easily!
- Seal your design with a matte finisher
Tools used in this video:
- Acrylic Paint
- Matte Finisher
- Posca Paint Marker
- Heat gun
- Cotton Swabs
- Paint Brushes
- and of course… some SHOES!
Resources we mentioned:
Like what you see? Don’t forget to comment on the video and let me know!