The talented Donna Adi is showing you how to add illustrations and lettering to your photos.
Prefer to watch? Click below and see the coolest illustration method!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to plan where you’ll illustrate and letter
- Tips for perfecting and cleaning up your lettering on your photo
- Where to add shadows and highlights to give your lettering a more dimensional look
- Tips for embellishing your photo with illustrations
- How to add finishing touches
- AND SO MUCH MORE!
Key takeaways from this lesson:
- Always plan out your text layout and test it out by zooming in and out.
- Use your layout as a guide for your final text.
- Go back and clean up lines before moving on.
- Adding highlights really makes your lettering pop.
- Add doodles around the image. Have fun with it!
Tools used in this video:
- Apple Pencil
- ProCreate 5 app
Resources we mentioned:
- Liked the lesson? Find Donna on Instagram!
- Visit Donna’s website
- Watch Donna on YouTube
- Watch Emily Mills’ lesson on Sketchnoting
Like what you see? Don’t forget to comment on the video and let me know!