Dawn Nicole is a blogging business b-o-s-s.
Seriously, if you’ve ever thought about diving into the world of blogging as a way to supplement your income, Dawn is living proof that “supplementing” can turn into a full-on career (and even waaay outperform your previous career salary!) if you take the time, have the motivation and dedicate yourself to make it work.
Her live Q&A has to go down as one of the most information saturated interviews I’ve done so far and totally worth the view. I highly suggest you grab a pen and paper and listen up because girl’s got info coming at ya the ENTIRE TIME.
Told you she was full of knowledge!
In case your hands weren’t able to catch all of that, here’s a quick recap of the 10 tips Dawn covered in the interview. I tried to highlight the key points for each tip, but like I said, Dawn shares so much valuable info that I couldn’t get it all. Make sure to watch the video here to get all of the goodness.
Dawn also has a *FREE* (yes, free) BLOGGING COURSE and you should definitely check it out.
Ten Tips for Blogging as a Creative Business
1: BE GENEROUS
Let’s just start off by sharing by sharing that Dawn offers a *FREE* blogging course here, so safe to say she’s a model example of her number 1 tip.
- Make generosity part of your growth strategy
- Don’t be afraid to give things (worksheets, backgrounds, printables) away for free
2: BE CONSISTENT
- Set deadlines and personal accountability
- You want your blog to work as a business? Treat it as a business.
“What you put into it is what you’ll get out of it.” – Dawn
3: BE YOUR READER’S PROBLEM SOLVER
- Ask your audience what they want, and then GIVE IT TO THEM!
- Sell the problem you solve, not the product for their problem
4: FIND YOUR TRIBE
- Blogging at a desk from home can be lonely. Look for groups (such as the Rising Tide Society) for like-minded people.
- Make friends with other local bloggers or attend a bloggers conference
5: UP YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY GAME
- Focused, well-lit properly taken photos can make all the difference. Check out this post to learn how to properly edit photos for social media, and this one for tips on styling a flat lay image.
- Still not getting great results? Stock photos and mock-ups are totally O.K. to use
6: DO MORE OF WHAT WORKS
- Look what type of blog posts got the most traffic and do more of those types of posts and then bring it back monthly
- If a post did really well, update it with new photos/information and post it again
7: NEVER STOP LEARNING
- Read a business book, have coffee with fellow blogger, work on a new hobby or develop a skill you already have…never stop learning and bettering yourself.
8: CULTIVATE A COMMUNITY OF POSITIVITY
- You have every right to control the environment on your social media and moderate the comments on your posts.
- If negative comments/people are bringing down your vibe, delete them.
9: BE PROFESSIONAL
- Be organized, timely, and easy for clients to work with. Doing so guarantees a future work relationship.
10: SET GOALS AND CRUSH THEM
- WRITE DOWN GOALS! Check in on them periodically and access what you can be doing to cross them off your list.
I really hope you enjoyed this interview! Make sure you’re subscribed to The Happy Ever Crafter TV to catch the rest in the series! And one last HUGE thank you to Dawn!
Interested in more of these interviews? You can also join the Facebook group, where these Q&A’s are hosted LIVE, and submit your own questions for future guests.