In this interview Dan Lee of shares his very best tips and trick for creating awesome lettering layouts!
Check out the video below, and then scroll down for my key takeaways and a list of all the resources mentioned in the interview!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to use negative space to your advantage
- How to unify your lettering
- Ways to create more balance in your layout designs
- How to use shapes to add movement
- What to prioritize in your composition
- AND MORE!!
KEY TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS LESSON:
- Negative space is your FRIEND! Just be sure to be consistent!!
- Symmetry is an easy way to ensure that your piece has rhythm and you can create balance by repeating styles!
- Use shapes, lines and swashes to help guide the readers eye through longer quotes. You can use these elements to create mini compositions within the large piece!
TOOLS USED IN THIS VIDEO:
- Ian Barnard Letter Builder Grid Brushes
- @inkypixels Procreate Brushes
- @ShaunaParmesan Procreate Brushes
RESOURCES WE MENTIONED:
- Follow Dan on Instagram at @dandrawnwords and check out his website!
Like this episode?! I’d be SO GRATEFUL if you’d leave a comment on the video!