In this interview, Jaana Brett is showing us her favourite tips and tricks for creating your own handlettered logo.
Check out the video and learn the different steps in branding with a logo.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- What goes into your brand
- The three types of logos
- The anatomy of a good logo
- Key considerations for your brand toolkit
- Jaana’s favourite software to use
KEY TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS LESSON:
- Branding isn’t just your logo; it’s EVERYTHING from the way you talk with people, to your packaging, to your social media.
- Start where you are, with what you have.
- There are three types of logos: graphic logos, wordmarks, and lettermark logos. It’s important to have options across all of your logos in order to create brand consistency across collaterals.
- Keeping it clean and simple is best; try having at least one neutral colour variation of your logo.
- Have some go-to sub-fonts in your branding tool kit.
TOOLS USED IN THIS VIDEO:
RESOURCES WE MENTIONED:
- Liked the lesson? Visit Jaana’s website!
Like this episode?! I’d be SO GRATEFUL if you’d leave a comment on the video!