In this interview, Emily Paris is walking us through art therapy, and why calligraphy is such a great form of therapy.
Check out the video and learn how art therapy can help you access who you truly are.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- What art therapy is
- Why art therapy works so well
- How it works
- What two exercises you can implement today
KEY TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS LESSON:
- You don’t need to be good at art (or calligraphy!) do engage in art therapy. In fact, sometimes the more creative you are, the more challenging it is to really immerse yourself in the therapy aspect of art.
- We all have a creative intelligence, even if we haven’t tapped into it in a while.
- Doing an activity, like calligraphy, activates the body’s relaxation response, and helps ground you as you’re focusing on what your body is doing.
- The effects of art therapy can feel a lot like meditation!
TOOLS USED IN THIS VIDEO:
- Canson Marker Paper
- Markers or any writing utensil of your choosing
RESOURCES WE MENTIONED:
- Liked the lesson? Visit Emily’s website!
Like this episode?! I’d be SO GRATEFUL if you’d leave a comment on the video!