Gareth Davies, owner of my FAVOURITE Ottawa store Maker House, is going to give us his five tips for aspiring makers!
Prefer to watch? Click below and learn all of Gareth’s insight into what works and what doesn’t when it comes to being a maker!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to transition from hobby to career
- How to best turn your passions into something marketable
- Tips for getting a creative business off the ground
- AND SO MUCH MORE!
Key takeaways from this lesson:
- Everybody has a dream, but working through imposter syndrome is key
- It takes more than passion to create a business
- Develop a business plan as early as possible
- Seek out cooperative partnerships
- Learn every day!
- Give yourself patience and keep yourself accountable
Resources we mentioned:
Like what you see? Don’t forget to comment on the video and let me know!